Monday, July 11, 2011

Developing my bird- handbag!!

Summer just started but my mind is already thinking about Fall. My bird-bag! I really want to have it up in my shop soon! but developing a new product costs time. I learn more everyday. I have to keep telling the printer what I want over and over and I get offered the nicest leathers.
But I believe it has to be leather from a by-product of the beef-industry, I want no young animals, and I only want to work with companies that respect their workers. For the production of the bag itself I think I will keep it close to home too. Dutch craftmanship is what I am looking for. Below a swatch and mini print of the leather. It will be the light tan color in the middle.
The actual print will be bigger and more detailed.


leertasstellersjay.jpg

And then the design:

design003kleur.jpg


Lots of pockets and zippers and smooth sturdy leather! Your life will fit in it, along with a laptop, ipad, iphone or lots of make-up and scraps!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails