Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Chickadee!

Here's my new bird. The chickadee. Before I ever met a chickadee, I was fascinated by the cute name already. There are no chickadees over here in The Netherlands. A lot of look-a-likes and European cousins, but this little one has quite a good reputation that preceded the actual encounter I had with him. So I was very curious about this cutie. We were walking in a bird estuary here when I saw some small birdies in the corner of my eye, flying away. They had black little heads so I suppressed an excited scream; this must be the world famous chickadee! I walked a bit further away, and there they were again, teasing me. When I tried to photograph them...they were gone again. Cheeky-dee!
I made him with watercolor and digital sketching. See him in my etsy shop! I will add a little friend to the work, because I never saw him alone. I placed him in a Ginkgo Biloba tree, because I love the yellow tone its leafs can have. Gorgeous! Did you know that tree is a living fossil? It hasn't changed since millions of years ago!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails