Friday, October 15, 2010

Crested Ttits on Fabric!

I've been trying to get my crested tit illustrations onto fabric. It took me quite long to get the dull repetition out of the design. I hate it when you see where the 'press' hits the fabric again. It is like being in the bathroom and looking at the tiles. I always ( and everyone probably knows the feeling) look for where the next tile of the prefab mosaic starts. I have it with patterns on fabric too. I go look for the same flower that is horizontally aligned. So I did my best to prevent that, or at least not make you see it in 0.01seconds.
The first version is on a light pink cotton voile/lawn for a light blouse with a victorian collar and pintucks. This is the first image. The birdies fly all over teh canas and look happy amongst the cherry blossoms. (already thinking about spring fashion)

Then there's the version that should look stripey. I know, I just claimed I didn't like to see repetition and here I go creating stripes. But I thought this time it would look nice. Add a nice touch. This one will be printed on basic organic cotton. I am thinking about a nice summer dress. A bit retro an bit new. A bit like in this post. The dress in the middle. Or perhaps when the fabrics arrive I will have another idea that I like better. I guess I have to be patient. It takes about a month before my fabrics arrive! Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

thecraftingintrovert said...

I totally would buy those fabrics for patchwork or other crafting adventures :-)
Daniela from France

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails