Sunday, February 21, 2010

Work in progress, the crested tit

Now I am thinking about it I might as well post some work in progress on my blog. I have been planning for a long time, but I always forget. This is a detail of the three crested tits I am drawing. It still needs some work of course but this is the base. I always start with a sketch and then add some base color. If that is done I really don't feel like it is going anywhere until I add the eye. At this stage I am filling in the base feathers. Below the wireframe image of every stroke I make. There are over 6000 strokes done already. This what makes working with graphic software so nice. You get to know silly things like how many times your pen touches the 'paper'. A big part of a good representation is the movement of the feathers.

In the meantime I have enlarged the eye a little and I am now half way through the process of making the first one. I want to display them with a branch of a spring flower. But I am still looking at which flowers are most suitable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails