Saturday, September 19, 2009

Participating Good To Know #5 by Pikaland!!

Amy from Pikaland has started another great project to help artists and illustrators with the struggles they have in everyday life. The Good to Know Project is full of advice + inspiration from artists/illustrators/designers on creativity, business and life. Every month, she asks one question and forward it to friends of Pikaland, who in turn will share their thoughts on a particular subject.
The last question was something that was really often on my mind. I often hear discussions on the topic and I have my own issues with it, so I decided to share my thoughts. The questions was this:
Do you think that artists need to have degrees or qualifications from art school in order to be one?
I myself have followed a private fashion school that is not the norm over here. I have searched for the right way for myself and came to the conclusion that perhaps I should've made different choices. Gone to art school and get a degree in the visual arts perhaps...or not, perhaps the road I took has shaped me better. A lot of artists are thinking about this issue and she's compiled them in the newest issue of Good To Know.
To get a copy visit http://pikaland.com/goodtoknow
It is the biggest issue so far and full of interesting opinions! See the preview on her website!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails