Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blueberry muffins recipe- Remember Summer!

As I was talking about earlier I went blueberry picking in Achel- A lovely place!
So I had about 3 kgs of blueberries that I also put in my freezer. Yesterday I got them out to make muffins! I got a recipe from www.Allrecipes.com that I slightly altered. I used all organic ingredients.
I love the way American recipes sound so old fashioned, with the use of cups and certain terms like 'folding' the blueberries in the mixture.
But unfortunately I don't have anything to measure a 'cup' in. Thanksfully the Allrecipes website has a calculate/convert function that transforms the ingredients into amounts that I understand being Myrte de Zeeuw.

What a recipe comes down to is throwing in the ingredients and if I have any say in it, the recipes would be explained like this:

#1 preheat oven to 400F or 200C and grease muffin cups.
#2 -Mix A:
470grams of flour
375 sugar
8grams of salt
2 x16grams sachets of backing powder
#3-Mix B:
200ml vegatable oil
3 eggs
200ml milk
#4 Mix A+B together
#5 Fold in 400grams of blueberries, if they come out of the freezer you have to be extra careful, they will stay firm and fresh when they are cold. But as long soon as they melt you get a mushy mixture. So add the blueberries when they are still pretty cold.
#6 Make a mixture of 250 grams of sugar, 100grams of flour,150grams of butter and 10grams of cinnamon. Use a fork and stir the stuff until it is a dry crumbly mixture.

#7 Fill the cups with the A+B mix up to the rim, and sprinkle the cumbly mixture over it and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes and stick a skewer in them to see if it comes out dry. Then they're done!









I would never be a good cook, because I am messy and chaotic. And most of my culinairy creations fall apart(as did the muffins) but the taste is good anyway, and after 2 hours of cleaning everyone's happy again :)























No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails