Monday, March 16, 2009

SNEAK PEEK!


As I mentioned before, my newest work will be about the blue tit. I researched this sweetie and found that he communicates with his lover through UV rays and by flashing his blue hat at her. Sexy! And this morning as I was gazing out of the window of my bedroom to postpone the reality of having to get up, I saw one blue tit checking out the bird house in the garden! Just very very briefly, as if it was a no strings attached meeting with his real estate broker, just a peek inside the house to see if the family would fit. I gasped for air and he had seen enough. If that is a good or bad thing I don't know. Either he needed to rush to the missus to tell her he found the spot they would grow old together, or he thought" This dump?"...and left it to the spiders. Time will tell, the thing I am happy about is that he recognised it as a home.

The unbelievable thing about these birdies is that they mark the opening of a birdhouse with a cut in the wood. They do that with their bills of course, and then other blue tits know the house is sold to the previous couple. This afternoon I checked the birdhouse for markings of course. No sold sign in the front yard of the mansion yet.

Also I found that in almost all languages except Dutch, the blue tit is called "blue" . In Dutch it is Pimpelmees, which actually makes you think it is a purple-ish type of bird.
Blue Tit /Mallerenga blava / Blåmejse / Blaumeise / Herrerillo común / sinitiainen / Mésange bleue / Cinciarella / Pimpelmees / Blåmeis / Chapim-azul / Blåmes / Blue Tit / Лазоревка

9 comments:

Kreativlink said...

Woah! Amazing clever birds!

Sigmosaics said...

how fantastic and what a wonderful thought pattern you have!! i'm sure the birdies will love to live in your garden :D

super sweet!

Ravenhill said...

How delightful to read about these beautiful birds!

ingermaaike said...

They are so very pretty, I have a feeding table at my kitchen window and look at them while felting.

Star of the East said...

Fun fact that they mark their home!

X by Leina Neima said...

Very lovely story and picture...in Estonian blue tit = sinitihane

creationsbyeve said...

I loved reading about this pretty bird!!

ArtMind said...

Aww, this is going to be the cutest tit ever! Loved the write up, Myrte! :)

karuski said...

I love your new sinitiainen!

-minna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails