Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another reason why it's a glorious day...



... is that my pin back buttons came in today!!!

I ordered buttons of 3 birds. My starling, my eurasian jay and my king fisher are the chosen 3.

I now have to make a nice cardstock thingy that I can attach them on. Here's what it looks like now:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14197247

I've also figured out a way to keep the stories of the birds alive. For each bird I have a story. It tells a little bit of the circumstances of the bird or how I met that particular bird. the story is also the reason why I made the bird. For instance the Jay that went on holiday. This is the sotry of my Eurasian Jay.


"This is a special visitor to our garden. The Jay That Left The Forest. For some reason, probably food-related, she decided that instead of hopping from tree to tree, collecting nuts and whatnot for her children, she should visit us. We saw her hopping from garden fence to garden fence, showing herself to us and all our neighbours. When we wanted to take a closer look from our kitchen window, she looked back at us from the fence, as if to say: 'Follow me!'


Now I needed to find a way to make it part of the bird more so the buyer could enjoy the story too. I've decided that instead of the note cards I usually add to an item with a message, I will use small certificates for each bird. And you can read the bird story, as well as my private message to the buyer on the back.


5 comments:

Tricoteria said...

Hi! I have just discovered your blog, which is great. I what a great surprise - you're featuring my baby slippers!!! Thank you so much !!! LOL

Kreativlink said...

Beautiful! The buttons and the bird certificates. Clever too! :)

Star of the East said...

The buttons and certificates look both great!!

kraplap said...

I love the buttons mirth, and the stories on the cards are a great idea !

Littlellama said...

I love them Mirth!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails